All of our Club Coaches, Teachers and Helpers are on the ASA Register of Teachers and Coaches. We require all volunteers who have contact with children and young people to undertake a Criminal Records Bureau check and require them to attend Child Protection training on a regular basis.
We use the ASA Child Protection Policy as our adopted procedure. Full policy is available on request or can be downloaded from the ASA website.
Club Welfare Officers
The club has two Welfare Officers. The role of the Welfare Officers is as follows:
- To ensure the Register of Teachers and Coaches forms are completed.
- To keep a copy of the current ASA Child Protection guidelines
- To ensure that all new initiatives and/or concerns from the ASA are communicated
- To ensure that Child Protection is on Club committee meeting agendas.
- To deal with Child Protection issues in line with ASA recommended procedures.
Use of Cameras/ Video cameras and camera phone
The club follows the ASA guidelines on the use of image recording equipment. Announcements are made at all events and users are required to register their details in the Photo log prior to commencement of any recording.