Code of Ethics & Conduct for Club Officials and Volunteers
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below. All such persons must:
- Put the well-being, health and safety of members above all considerations including developing and performance.
- Comply with codes, rules and laws within the guidelines set out by both the club and the ASA.
- Work without discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, language, religion, birth or social status as set out in the Equity policy.
- Observe the authority and the decisions of all officials.
- Encourage all swimmers to obey the spirit of the rules
- Treat other competitors and teams with respect, in victory and defeat.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Be able to present qualifications upon request and hold insurance cover as required.
- Treat all personal information about members as confidential, except in exceptional circumstances, regarding health and safety, medical requirements, disciplinary action or in accordance with ASA Child Protection procedures and guidelines.
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Not drink alcohol or smoke either immediately before or during coaching sessions or competitions.
- Be receptive to continual professional development and promote the positive aspects of the sport.